Danielle Dowell was voted Best Dressed at the Chicago Agents Choice Awards last week. Check out her fashion inspiration, innovation and faux pas below.
This Off-Market, custom $1.69M Single Family home features the best of both worlds: an expansive interior including 5 spacious bedrooms and 5.5 baths, a stunning spiral staircase, and countless spaces to entertain your friends and family all while being situated on a rare double lot with plenty of outdoor space. Located in a prime Bucktown area within walking distance to hot spots such as Small Cheval, Margie’s Candies, the blue line, and numerous botiques.
- Wide open floor plan with soaring ceilings, exposed brick, and a kitchen that walks out to the private, massive yard and patio
- 2 Private Guest Suites
- Large formal dining room with over-sized windows and a barrel ceiling
- A Master suite that includes a steam shower, marble tile spa-like bathroom, huge walk-in closet, and a private balcony to enjoy your morning coffee.
- 3 Luxurious fireplaces
- A lower level with radiated heated floors, a multi-functional game room, living space, an office, and a wine closet
- Attached two car garage with additional space for 3 outdoor parking spaces
- 3 Large decks
Recently our group has had the good fortune of representing two amazing properties! Residing in different neighbors, one new construction and the other a gut rehab that spared no expense. These beautiful homes got us thinking about the extensive features in both. So, to make it a little easier we compiled a list! Please see below for what to take note of while touring the exceptional listings at 2734 N Marshfield & 2139 W LeMoyne.
2743 N Marshfield
- New construction chic 5 bedroom/4.1 bath single family home in Lincoln Park
- Exquisite brick and limestone exterior
- Tasteful paneling, molding, & millwork throughout
- 2 interior fireplaces with custom mantels & tile floors
- Designer selected finishes and lighting plan w/recessed small cans throughout
- Oak hardwood floors throughout main and upper floor levels
- Stylish wood tiles and radiant heat throughout the living areas in the lower level
- Wet bar in lower level w/cabinetry, quartz counter, shelves, sink and beverage center
- External wood burning brick fireplace & deck off living room/kitchen entertaining area
- Lounging area on house roof top deck made out of composite wood with views
- 2 car garage
- Gourmet kitchen and island with custom white shaker cabinetry upgraded to ceiling
- 1 ¼” Exotic Quartz Counters
- Stunning marble backsplash with decorative inlay
- Large gray colored center island w/quartz counters, storage and sitting included
- Farmhouse Sink
- Sub-Zero Refrigerator 48” Side by Side
- Bosch Dishwasher
- 48” Wolf Range w/hood and vent
- Panasonic Microwave
- ¾ horse power garbage disposal
- Grohe Chrome Faucet
- Designer pendant lighting over the island
- Butler’s pantry w/wine fridge and sink
MASTER BATHROOM FEATURES
- Double white vanities w/ ¾” Quartz countertops
- 2 under mount sinks w/chrome faucets
- Oversized steam shower w/bench and glass enclosure
- Elegant hand painted floor tiles and subway stacked wall tiles
- Dual shower heads
- Freestanding soaking tub w/polished chrome fixture and pull out spray
- Handpicked chandelier & wall-mounted lighting above the vanities
- Radiant heated floors
- Dual flush toilet
2ND FLOOR & LOWER LEVEL BATHROOM FEATURES
- Custom cabinetry in grey, ebony or taupe
- ¾” Quartz countertops
- Porcelain tile floors
- Polished chrome Grohe faucet
- Dual flush toilet
- Lux French doors open to outdoor area
- Raised back terrace
- Wood burning fireplace
2139 W LeMoyne
- All brick 2 flat built in 1889 fully renovated into green single family home in 2007 Designed by Fisher & Crowl of Chicago Architecture firm fc Studio
- 4+ bedrooms, 4.5 baths 4442 sq feet of livable space-1100 below grade w/10 foot ceilings
- Sits on an oversized Lot – 163’ x 26’
- Exterior includes a built-in patio with outdoor kitchen & lower level yard with fire pit
- Two car detached garage with reinforced rooftop
- Mesquite wood floors through all first and second floors
- Heated Italian Porcelain in Master Bathroom, Kitchen, and Basement
- Reclaimed wood features throughout (stairs, shelving, sliding doors)
- Skylights in hallways and bathrooms
- Custom wood built-ins in all closets
- Lux kitchen features Corian countertops w/ Wolf range/ oven with induction stove top, Miele microwave/ speed oven & Liebherr fridge
- Contemporary bathrooms with natural stone countertops
- 2 master bedrooms with en-suites
- Secret passage between kids’ rooms
- Finished basement with tv area, Poliform shelving unit, climbing wall, kids play area, and full bathroom
- Built-in sound system throughout main floor & security system
- Electrolux frontload efficient washer/ dryer, upstairs near bedrooms
- Geo exchange heating and cooling. Geo exchange is an extremely efficient, environmentally friendly, comfortable, and low maintenance
- HVAC system and whole house exhaust fan
- High efficiency insulation. Walls specified to have R-19 insulation, roof & ceilings specified to have R-38 Insulation.
- Windows (Kolbe, Ultra Series, R-19)
- Fleetwood retractable sliding door system
- Flood prevention overhead ejection sump pump system and waterproofed foundation with full exterior French drain
Family-friendly Wicker Park rehab with indoor climbing wall lists for $1.6M
The remodeled historic home features large, open living spaces and reclaimed wood from the original structure
Whether you’re looking to purchase in a high rise downtown or just interested in checking out the unique churches, museums, hotels or any of the other 200+ buildings this city wide event has to offer, the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s annual Open House Chicago is your perfect opportunity!
On October 15-16 from 9am-5pm (times for certain locations vary), an amazing collection of residential and historical structures are open to the public to take a behind-the-scenes peek.
This event is a great way to get to know Chicago for those new to the city and a chance for long-time residents to take a look inside the buildings they have passed by for years. With open house locations spanning the entire city and into the suburban areas as well, this is an entertaining & educational way to kick off the Fall season without even leaving your neighborhood!
Welcome to 1615 Burling, a unique collection of 15 luxury-designed residences in a boutique setting and unmatched location. Comprised of two extraordinary penthouse residences, three expansive duplexes, and a mix of light-filled two and three bedroom homes, this building exemplifies the best of location, architecture, design, quality and lifestyle. Designed by the renowned architectural firm, Pappageorge Haymes, every detail of these homes has been thoughtfully considered.
Interiors defined by extra-wide, light filled spaces that are bright, graceful and welcoming. Each corner residence has been professionally designed with an eye towards generous great rooms, striking kitchens and dream bathrooms, along with extraordinary private outdoor space, elevator access and attached heated garage parking.
The exterior compliments the tradition of Burling Street yet fulfills buyers’ desire for a modern aesthetic and boutique lifestyle.
Nestled at the end of the Burling street cul-de-sac in the heart of Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, 1615 Burling provides the best of a quaint neighborhood within steps of any city necessity, convenience or luxury.
Our anticipated delivery date is summer of 2016 and pre-construction prices range from $729,000 – $1,999,000. We have begun office presentations at our Koenig Rubloff office at 1800 N Clybourn 2nd floor. Presentations are held every Saturday from 10-1 or by appointment.
For more information contact Danielle Dowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.391.5655.
Zov Construction’s newest development, 1031-1035 S. Racine, features eight expansive 2, 3 & 4 bedroom residences in the heart of Chicago’s Tri-Taylor/Little Italy district.
The qualities of old world heritage, and modern sensibility, create properties infused with cutting edge updates, indisputable style and timeless class.
Taylor Street offers a mix of classic restaurants and interesting wine bars. The Italian eateries that populate the area, a nod to the neighborhood’s immigrant past, coexist happily with neighborhood coffee shops, populated by local residents and students from the nearby university.
The community’s charm, no doubt one reason for the neighborhood’s popularity, is further maximized by a centralized location and easy access to convenient public transportation. 1031-1035 S. Racine is minutes from downtown Chicago, the University of Illinois Chicago campus, and the University of Illinois Medical District.
The four story development straddles an impressive 50’X160′ lot, which allows for eight luxuriously wide and spacious, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom residences! Overall the property’s aesthetic is modern in concept. Large glass-paneled balconies accent a natural stone exterior facade which compliments sleek interior finishes. Custom cabinetry, quartz countertops, walk-in closets and designer bathrooms with radiant heated floors and steam showers are just a few of the luxuries standard to each unit. Multiple outdoor areas and garage parking are also included in the design.
For more information about this exciting development, and other upcoming projects, please contact me, Danielle Dowell, with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services.
If you have spent any amount of time in Logan Square this summer, chances are you have noticed and admired the new rowhouses taking shape on Ridgeway Avenue. Known as Flexhouse2, this modern, urban concept is the creation of Chicago-based Ranquist Development Group.
Best known for their high quality, modern homes in Chicago’s finest neighborhoods, the professionals at Ranquist were quick to recognize an emerging trend in the Chicago housing market. Homebuyers were increasingly interested in finding modern, efficient and modest housing in vibrant, transitional neighborhoods.
Innovative concept in mind, Ranquist worked with Interface Studio Architects (ISA), a Philadelphia-based architecture practice renowned for their unique approach to sustainable and affordable urban housing design. Through the collective expertise of these two respected firms, and a partnership with Sedgwick Investments, the Flexhouse development was born.
The interior of these designs are open concept, with a natural flow that allows each home to easily adapt to a variety of uses and lifestyles. The main levels are modern with an industrial edge, augmented by ten foot ceilings, radiant-heat concrete floors, custom cabinetry and sleek Quartz countertops.
Incredible, extra-deep backyards are the highlight of the exterior. The outdoor space is highlighted by a private deck area, and gives access to the two-car garage, with a storage loft.
Special care was taken when considering the sustainability of each home. Green features include high-efficiency heating and cooling units, programmable digital thermostats, Energy Star appliances, dual-flush toilets, high-efficiency Andersen windows, low VOC paint and a combination of open and closed cell foam insulation.
But the true beauty of Flexhouse is in the customization. Homebuyers have the ability to choose from different floor plans, as well as the ability to customize many interior finishes to make the space their own. While semi-custom design isn’t a unique concept, it was certainly a luxury that used to only be afforded to homebuyers at particular price points. Flexhouse is changing the landscape of modern, affordable urban housing.
Following the smashing success of The Flexhouse and Flexhouse2, Ranquist is getting ready to break ground on the next phase of development. With only one unit left in Phase 2, Phase 3 includes plans for sixteen new rowhomes along Hamlin and will be delivered starting in the spring of 2015.
Flexhouse truly embodies today’s new generation of homebuyers, with simplistic, modern architecture, a focus on sustainable, design-driven solutions, and affordability that makes their homes attainable for a broad range of homeowners and neighborhoods.
For more information on the Flexhouse development, contact Danielle Dowell at 312.391.5655 or email@example.com