The weekend is here and our unique, luxury listings are ready to show! Contact us to schedule a showing for one or all of these amazing properties. Please see below. These homes are truly worthy of a quick read 🙂
360 E Randolph Unit 3604
4 Bedroom / 3 Bath
Listed at $1,499,900
Modern Masterpiece in the heart of East Lakeshore. This 2017 renovation is a corner unit with a sprawling open floorplan. Located in a full amenity building, this residence offers every convenience with a fabulous view.
2734 N Marshfield
5 Bedroom / 4.1 Bath
Listed at $1,499,900
BRAND NEW single family residence on a tree-lined Lincoln Park street! This beautiful brick and limestone exterior home is sophisticated with incredible detail throughout. Chefs kitchen with top of the line appliances and outdoor fireplace for cozy winter entertaining.
1936 N Wilmot
6 Bedroom / 5.1 Bath
Listed at $1,690,000
Not your typical single family home. Located on a double lot in a prime Bucktown location, this unique home is one of a kind. Extra wide floor plan with soaring ceilings, a stunning spiral staircase and exposed brick. Incredible side yard and roof deck amazing for gatherings in all seasons!
Please contact me to buy or sell your next home! Available 7 days a week for all your real estate inquiries @ 312-391-5655 or email@example.com.
We’re asked at many listing presentations, “Why should I stage my home?” We get it! When you’re looking to net the highest profit, the last thing you want to do is incur more costs. That said, in this case the old saying of, “Sometimes you have to spend money to make money” is truer than ever. Staging your home peeks prospective buyers interest and lets them visualize themselves living in your home. Presenting a buyer with a staged layout is the one of the best ways of getting them to the next step of envisioning where their own furniture would go and picturing what their future looks like in your home.
When selling your home perception is everything and staging is a tool that you as the seller can use to have more influence. Peaking imaginations with an organized, clean home and collection of cohesive furnishings not only accent the style and architecture of the dwelling, but also capture a larger audience and get more potential buyers to view your home in person. The more people viewing, the better chance of receiving an offer. The quicker you come to terms, the less you spend in holding costs. Seems simple enough, right? Well, as you are thinking this is an “investment”, so we all know that nothing is guaranteed. That said, here are a few stats on staging.
Sell for a Higher Price:
On average, Chicago listings that are staged sell for 4-6% higher than their non-staged competitors. An empty home can seem cold and be difficult for buyers to picture how the home could be laid out. Staging helps show the actual size of rooms and takes out the guess work. We want the buyers to imagine living in the home, not if their couch will fit in the living room.
A staged home will generally sell faster and receive more inquiries than a comparable home that is not staged. Buyers are generally viewing many homes and the more memorable your home is the better. When a buyer exits your home with a brochure filled with beautiful photos of your home, it is easier for them to recall it after viewing 10 other homes. Purchasing a home is based largely on “the feels” and staging can set the scene for those.
Cost of Staging:
The cost of staging your home is typically negligible to the price increase you yield for selling your home staged. Typical staging packages start as low as $2500 depending on the size of your home. While holding costs for every seller vary, staging to begin with takes out the guess work on multiple levels and eliminates an extended listing time should your home not sell and you decide a stage must happen later.
Simply put, using a professional staging company highlights the layout of your home and adds a designer feel for a nominal price. No home is 100% perfect. However, staging helps to enhance the wonderful aspects and put a little lipstick on the funky parts. In these instances, things that we initially view as needing a bit of camouflaging, can turn into a charming addition. Our goal as your realtor is to give you not only the best advice, but amazing resources as well. Sometimes a home needs nothing more than a bit of decluttering and rearranging, in other instances a full stage in the best choice. We’re here to walk through your home and give our assessment & ideas to garner the most favorable outcome for you. The Dowell Group creates individual a marketing platform for each listing with the objective to yield more money in less time. Contact us today for an appointment at 312-391-5655 or firstname.lastname@example.org. With our expertise you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have done everything possible to procure a quick and profitable sale for your most valuable asset!
The Chicago real estate market has experienced historic numbers this summer, so it’s no surprise that listing prices and sales figures have risen. In comparison to last year, the median sale price in the Lincoln Park, West Loop, and Lakeview neighborhoods have all increased 6% or more. For sellers, May-August in the Windy City has been quite fortuitous almost across the board.
Entering the summer market, the buzz around the city was that inventory was low. However, in all these areas the numbers tell a different story. All five neighborhoods included in this study (Lakeview, Lincoln Park, West Loop, Bucktown, and Downtown) saw 6.8% or more in new listings than the same time last year! Downtown leading the way with a 13.6% increase. While these figures are great for prospective buyers, it’s important to consult an agent and exam the stats of your area if you are a seller. Overflow of inventory does have the potential to affect median sales figures. The analysis of Downtown is an example of how a larger number of listings could possibly decrease sale prices.
The Dowell Group is #3 in sales for our Chicago Berkshire Hathaway office…which is number #1 in the Midwest and #3 in the Nation!
Thank you to all our clients who trust us to negotiate & facilitate the best deals for them. If you are looking to buy, sell, rent or invest contact us today. We are here for you 24/7.
As many media outlets have shared over the last few weeks that for the second consecutive year the Chicago area leads the United States in population loss with over 19,000 residents choosing to live elsewhere. In fact, among the top 20 cities with the largest populations, Chicago was the lone city with a population deduction. Taken at face value these figures would indicate that the city isn’t thriving, but a deeper dive into the information suggests quite the opposite.
While it is true that Chicago’s overall population figure has dipped, the population density has increased. Population density, measured by the number of people within a defined unit of area. For these particular studies the neighborhoods in Chicago that were used include: Wicker Park, West Town, Lake View, Lincoln Park, Old Town, and River North amongst others. Chicago’s population density has increased by 1.2% – a figure that is the second highest of all major U.S. cities with only Seattle seeing a higher percentage. While Houston (the closest city to Chicago in terms of overall population) has seen immense overall growth, with 59,483 new residents over the past two years, the city has also seen the population density decrease at a -3.8% rate; the fourth largest decrease in the U.S.
Another reason that Chicago has seen a sizable boost in population density is that fact that many major corporations have moved into the city. Major corporations such as McDonald’s, Agricultural Manufacturing giant Caterpillar, Dyson Electronics, spirit manufacturer Beam, and First Midwest Bank are just a few of the corporations that have announced moving their headquarters to the city of Chicago. These moves are responsible for 1,000’s of high paying jobs and residents that will be investing into the city’s real estate market.
Yes, the overall population in Chicago is dipping but overall the downtown and surrounding areas are growing at a rate only matched by one other city in the United States. So while the dip is something to monitor in the long term, it’s just that. There is no reason for Real Estate owners to panic.
This Off-Market, custom $1.69M Single Family home features the best of both worlds: an expansive interior including 5 spacious bedrooms and 5.5 baths, a stunning spiral staircase, and countless spaces to entertain your friends and family all while being situated on a rare double lot with plenty of outdoor space. Located in a prime Bucktown area within walking distance to hot spots such as Small Cheval, Margie’s Candies, the blue line, and numerous botiques.
- Wide open floor plan with soaring ceilings, exposed brick, and a kitchen that walks out to the private, massive yard and patio
- 2 Private Guest Suites
- Large formal dining room with over-sized windows and a barrel ceiling
- A Master suite that includes a steam shower, marble tile spa-like bathroom, huge walk-in closet, and a private balcony to enjoy your morning coffee.
- 3 Luxurious fireplaces
- A lower level with radiated heated floors, a multi-functional game room, living space, an office, and a wine closet
- Attached two car garage with additional space for 3 outdoor parking spaces
- 3 Large decks
Recently our group has had the good fortune of representing two amazing properties! Residing in different neighbors, one new construction and the other a gut rehab that spared no expense. These beautiful homes got us thinking about the extensive features in both. So, to make it a little easier we compiled a list! Please see below for what to take note of while touring the exceptional listings at 2734 N Marshfield & 2139 W LeMoyne.
2743 N Marshfield
- New construction chic 5 bedroom/4.1 bath single family home in Lincoln Park
- Exquisite brick and limestone exterior
- Tasteful paneling, molding, & millwork throughout
- 2 interior fireplaces with custom mantels & tile floors
- Designer selected finishes and lighting plan w/recessed small cans throughout
- Oak hardwood floors throughout main and upper floor levels
- Stylish wood tiles and radiant heat throughout the living areas in the lower level
- Wet bar in lower level w/cabinetry, quartz counter, shelves, sink and beverage center
- External wood burning brick fireplace & deck off living room/kitchen entertaining area
- Lounging area on house roof top deck made out of composite wood with views
- 2 car garage
- Gourmet kitchen and island with custom white shaker cabinetry upgraded to ceiling
- 1 ¼” Exotic Quartz Counters
- Stunning marble backsplash with decorative inlay
- Large gray colored center island w/quartz counters, storage and sitting included
- Farmhouse Sink
- Sub-Zero Refrigerator 48” Side by Side
- Bosch Dishwasher
- 48” Wolf Range w/hood and vent
- Panasonic Microwave
- ¾ horse power garbage disposal
- Grohe Chrome Faucet
- Designer pendant lighting over the island
- Butler’s pantry w/wine fridge and sink
MASTER BATHROOM FEATURES
- Double white vanities w/ ¾” Quartz countertops
- 2 under mount sinks w/chrome faucets
- Oversized steam shower w/bench and glass enclosure
- Elegant hand painted floor tiles and subway stacked wall tiles
- Dual shower heads
- Freestanding soaking tub w/polished chrome fixture and pull out spray
- Handpicked chandelier & wall-mounted lighting above the vanities
- Radiant heated floors
- Dual flush toilet
2ND FLOOR & LOWER LEVEL BATHROOM FEATURES
- Custom cabinetry in grey, ebony or taupe
- ¾” Quartz countertops
- Porcelain tile floors
- Polished chrome Grohe faucet
- Dual flush toilet
- Lux French doors open to outdoor area
- Raised back terrace
- Wood burning fireplace
2139 W LeMoyne
- All brick 2 flat built in 1889 fully renovated into green single family home in 2007 Designed by Fisher & Crowl of Chicago Architecture firm fc Studio
- 4+ bedrooms, 4.5 baths 4442 sq feet of livable space-1100 below grade w/10 foot ceilings
- Sits on an oversized Lot – 163’ x 26’
- Exterior includes a built-in patio with outdoor kitchen & lower level yard with fire pit
- Two car detached garage with reinforced rooftop
- Mesquite wood floors through all first and second floors
- Heated Italian Porcelain in Master Bathroom, Kitchen, and Basement
- Reclaimed wood features throughout (stairs, shelving, sliding doors)
- Skylights in hallways and bathrooms
- Custom wood built-ins in all closets
- Lux kitchen features Corian countertops w/ Wolf range/ oven with induction stove top, Miele microwave/ speed oven & Liebherr fridge
- Contemporary bathrooms with natural stone countertops
- 2 master bedrooms with en-suites
- Secret passage between kids’ rooms
- Finished basement with tv area, Poliform shelving unit, climbing wall, kids play area, and full bathroom
- Built-in sound system throughout main floor & security system
- Electrolux frontload efficient washer/ dryer, upstairs near bedrooms
- Geo exchange heating and cooling. Geo exchange is an extremely efficient, environmentally friendly, comfortable, and low maintenance
- HVAC system and whole house exhaust fan
- High efficiency insulation. Walls specified to have R-19 insulation, roof & ceilings specified to have R-38 Insulation.
- Windows (Kolbe, Ultra Series, R-19)
- Fleetwood retractable sliding door system
- Flood prevention overhead ejection sump pump system and waterproofed foundation with full exterior French drain